In order to ensure a high level of Yoga Iyengar practice in Belgium, certified Yoga Iyengar teachers must follow systematic trainings and regularly teach Yoga Iyengar classes.
Once a year, each certified teacher shall provide proof of the number and the type of trainings done as well as of the classes she/he has taught.
Only the teachers providing the aforementioned proofs have the right to use the “certification mark” « certification mark » and to officially teach Yoga Iyengar. The updated list of certified teachers is available on the Biyab website.
CRITERIA FOR TRAININGS :
Minimum number of hours per year :
min. 25 hours
Types of trainings :
- Courses at the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Institute (RIYMI) in Pune
- Workshops organised by the Biyab
- Workshops and/or courses given by a Yoga Iyengar teacher with a higher level certification.
CRITERIA FOR REGULAR CLASSES :
Minimum number of teaching per year :
min. 60 hours
Types of class :
- Weekly classes (e.g. one 90-minute class, 40 weeks per year)
- Workshops (e.g. Sunday intensive)
Proof documents for training and teaching shall be submitted to the Biyab each year in September and shall cover the previous year.