Why create an association ?
- Promote Yoga Iyengar teaching in Belgium to the highest standards in terms of personal conduct, civic principles and the notion of service.
- Organise any event (convention, conferences, workshops, projections, publications, etc) enabling further dissemination and deepening of B.K.S. Iyengar’s knowledge.
- Organise the certification process for Yoga Iyengar teachers and proceed to their regular assessment according to the guidelines provided by the RMYI.
- Establish a national register of Yoga Iyengar certified teachers.
- Establish a national register of teachers entitled to train new Yoga Iyengar teachers.
- Conduct research on the well-being of Yoga Iyengar and initiate any project which would allow for its further dissemination.
Who can become member ?
Any person interested in practicing Yoga Iyengar can become a member of the association. Membership, proved by the payment of the annual membership fee, is required in order to participate to events organised by the Association. Membership includes insurance coverage in case of problems encountered during practice. Each member is invited to attend the Association General Assembly. However, only the members who have officially expressed their intention to play an active voluntary role inside the Association have the right to vote. Each year, the General Assembly approves the list of active members. In order to become an “active member”, it is sufficient to tick the dedicated box on the membership form. The members who play no active role over a period of two years have their “active” profile automatically removed. Any member can equally submit her/his candidature to sit on the Association Board, as well as on any committee established by it. The vacant positions are announced before each General Assembly. Any member can, at any time, propose new initiatives.
Board of administrators
|Nicole Rouaux||Mandat jusque 2018||Présidente|
|Beatrijs Strijpens||Mandat jusque 2018||Administratrice|
|Amélie Meunier||Mandat jusque 2018||Administratrice|
|Stéphane Bourhis||Mandat jusque 2018||Administrateur|
|Stefania Righetti||Mandat jusque 2021||Administratrice|
|Eva Kemala Rodenburg||Mandat jusque 2019||Administratrice|
|Luc Nicolas||Mandat jusque 2019||Trésorier|
|Willy Bok||Mandat jusque 2021||Administrateur|
The objective of the Technical committee is to set up a teacher Yoga Iyengar certification procedure in Belgium. Until now, the teacher certification is done by foreign teachers. Only senior level teachers, entitled to train new Iyengar teachers, can be members to the technical committee. Within the framework established by the Ramamani Yogar Institute (RMYI), this committee defines the requirements, the path, as well as the practical modalities for certifying Iyengar teachers. Willy Bok and An Brossens are current members.
The objective of the Ethics committee is to verify that the conditions for the use of the Iyengar label in Belgium are met. Each teacher claiming to use the Iyengar method must be certified, and this in order to ensure quality of teaching. The list of Yoga Iyengar certified teachers can be consulted on this website. The chair of this committee must also be a member of the Board. Any other member can join without meeting any specific requirement. In case of fraud suspicion, please contact the committee via this e-mail address The current members are Stefania Righetti (chair), Juan Benitez and Anne Delatour.
Even if you are not an active member or do not practice yoga at all, the Association is regularly in search of people of goodwill. If you have time and specific competence to offer, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.